Today was an awesome Mother’s Day and the one thing my mother in law wanted to do was go for a hike! I decided that this would be the perfect chance to try out my ENERGYbits.
For those of you who have never heard of ENERGYbits, they are “100% organic spirulina algae. They deliver energy and endurance all for just ONE calorie per tab. Spirulina has the highest concentration of protein in the world (3 times as much as steak) which is why NASA astronauts & Olympic athletes have used it for over four decades.”
Our hike up Mesa Trail was great, but as we reached the top of our path I realized that the sun was starting to wipe me out.
I decided that I would get out the bits and try them out!
Here is what a serving of 30 bits looked like when I took them out of their handy canister:
I was a little nervous to have to take this many pieces as I usually have problems taking pills. Also, the literature that came with my ENERGYbits said that while you can chew them, they are an acquired taste and they don’t recommend chewing them the first time around. I put on my brave face, and threw about half of them in my mouth and took a huge swig from my CamelBack.
The ENERGYbits went down easy and I had zero issue with swallowing them. This was a huge plus for me, and I finished off the other half of the serving easily.
I supplemented with some mixed nuts and banana chips and we started our decent down the hill.
I felt great. Truth be told, I’ve always been a bit skeptical for supplements and what not having an immediate impact on my body. However, I felt awesome heading down the hill.
Being someone who tries to maintain some sort of paleo eating most of the time, these were a perfect option to have some protein in my system. I typically suffer from crabby blood sugar drop issues when I don’t eat regularly and today I didn’t experience that! It was such a refreshing change.
Here are some things (from the ENERGYbits website) that they are great for:
ENERGYbits® Health Benefits
- Helps improve physical energy
- Helps improve endurance
- Helps reduce fatigue
- Helps speed athletic recovery
- Helps healing from brain concussions and reduces brain fog
- Helps build muscle
- Helps improve mental focus and clarity
- Helps reduce anemia
- Helps reduce blood pressure
- Helps reduce cholesterol
- Helps balance blood sugar
- Provides natural nitric oxide
- Provides most daily nutritional needs, especially greens
- Provides high quality protein and nutrition on the run or on the road
- Helps fight free radicals with high concentration of antioxidants
- Helps balances all body functions – is100% alkaline
- Helps improve skin, hair, nails, bones and eye health
- Helps build healthy blood, cell tissue and muscle
- Helps improve mood
- Helps remove hunger
- Raw food, great for vegans or those who hate greens
- Safe nutrition for anyone of any age, from children to seniors **I was also informed today that it’s safe for pups!**
So there you have it! Something to note about ENERGYbits is that being that they are a really high quality product, their price tag can seem out of sorts, but compared to the low potency spirulina tabs you can buy at the store, they are well worth the money.
Also, by entering the coupon code “BLOG” into the coupon box you can save 10%!!!
Guys, putting the right thing in our bodies is one of the best things we can do for our sport, passion, and life in general. What could be better than fueling your life without caffeine, chemicals, sugar, gluten or soy?
*various photos borrowed from the ENERGYbits website*
Please note: I received a sample of ENERGYbits to review on this blog- I was not compensated for the review. All opinions are my own, as they should be 🙂